Hire a professional
February 25th, 2015
There are a number of reasons why you'd want to make your own website, and at the top of the list would most likely be cost. Given that professional web designers or developers can cost well over a thousand dollars, it's easy to see why you'd be tempted to try make your own website. More often than not, a lower price means a better deal, but at what cost?
- Hurts Search Engine Optimization - There are many factors that go in to improving your page rank across search engines. The ability to understand and make the required improvements on your website's analytical research can boost your rank substantially. At the same time, poor decisions and lack of improvement will have an adverse reaction on your ranking.
- "Professional" Templates - Are a horrible idea, and you should avoid using them. To create an identity, an online brand of yourself or your company you must stand out and be unique. By utilizing a template, there is no differentiation with your competitors.
- Free Costs Money - There are companies that offer tools for the novice to design their website's with. There is usually two methods of payment with these companies:
- Ad Supported - Not only does this promote them by placing ad's in highly visible area, but make's your website look unprofessional.
- Paid - Their highest-priced plans cost on average, $30 a month. $360 each year, every year. If you hired someone ( may we suggest us? ) to create your website, the initial cost is more expensive, but infinitely less than these pay monthly hosts.